These are some of the most common spreads used in the reading of tarot cards, these layouts will provide insight into a versatile array of life, romance, spiritual and career questions.
Remember; clear the energy out of your cards before each use to avoid getting muddled answers!!
Happy reading my loves.
In this spread, each card is read individually, there is no connection between them. The number on each card represents an astrological house and should be read with the corresponding strengths and weaknesses of each house in mind.
you don't need to ask questions for this spread, the cards will show you about yourself without them.
2. Aries - current mood
3. Taurus - finances
4. Gemini - travel and communication
5. Cancer - home, parents, children and extended family
6. Leo - pleasure, hobbies and creative pursuits
7. Virgo - health & suggestions about self care will show up here
8. Libra - partnerships, a new love will show here
9. Scorpio - transition and change, the way you handle it
10. Sagittarius - education, goals and expansion, long distance travel possibilities
11. Capricorn - career and status
12. Aquarius - friendship and community
13. Pisces - burden, opposition and fears
This spread is used to help you plot a course toward achieving specific goals before your next birthday. Focus on what you would like to accomplish before then and what the next year might bring...
1. Current place in the world
2. Goals for the next year
3. What empowers you
4. Powers within that you need to develop
5. Present physical & material wellbeing
6. Present emotional state
7. Present spiritual state
9. Actions required to achieve goals
3 Card Spread
The 3 Card spread is very different as there is not one fixed purpose, or meaning to each card position. Instead it is completely dynamic depending on the purpose of the reading, and the question being asked. Here are a few of the many ways it can be utilized:
1. Past - Present - Future
2. What helps you - What hinders you - What are your realized and unrealized potentials?
3. Current situation - Challenges - Guidance
4. What you think - What you Feel - What You Do
5. You - Your Partner - Your relationship
6. Strengths - Weaknesses - Advice
7. mind - Body - Spirit
Got a big obstacle? don't know how to approach it? This one is an excellent situational spread to use! The success spread helps you to better understand the true nature of the issue you face, as well as helping you to identify what skills and resources you have at your disposal to not just face, but overcome these problems!
1. Signifies your major concern or obstacle.
2. Talks about your current challenges and complications.
3. Reveals the hidden factors that you need to know affecting your current situation.
4. Represents new ideas, people, or things that can help you grow further.
5. Indicator of what you need to do to be successful or what you should avoid to fail.
SPIRITUAL Guidance Spread
Similar to the Success Spread, the Spiritual Guidance spread is used situationally during times when you are faced with obstacles or challenges of a spiritual nature, usually related to your own growth or development. This spread is designed to give you a broader perspective, and includes information to help you along your spiritual path and important life lessons.
1. Your primary concern, question, or issue.
2. Interprets your motivation for your quest for guidance.
3. Identifies the areas in your life you are anxious or disheartened about.
4. Signifies the events in your current situation that you are unaware of.
5. This is your advice card. It will provide you knowledge on what you should do or not do to overcome your apprehensions.
6. This card will tell you the best way to proceed from your worries and what you should do to keep moving.
7. This card tells you how to move forward with a positive light.
8. Finally, this card wraps up the possible results you will get if you are able to follow the guide light successfully.
True LOVE Spread
Eeeeeveryoone wants know where their love lives are going!
This spread is very useful to evaluate your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual connections with your partner.
1. This card represents you. It signifies what you currently feel about your relationship, your approach, and your outlook.
2. The second card represent your partner. It also represents his current emotions towards you, his attitude, and expectations about your relationship.
3. This is a connection card. What are the characteristics that you have in common binding you together?
4. This indicates the strength of your relationship. What are the qualities that keep your relationship?
5. This denotes the weakness of your relationship. What are the things you both need to improve?
6. This final card is your true love card. It interprets what needs to be addressed. Is your relationship going to be successful? If there is a threat, what must be done?
The Attainment spread is useful for finding out ways to achieve goals through understanding your strengths/weaknesses and how to address them.
2. Primary Strength
3. Issues to address regarding strength
4. Primary Weakness
5. Issues to address regarding weakness
Crystal Interview Spread
Find out what knowledge a crystal has to impart with you...
1. What is the best way to work together?
2. What would you like to help me with?
3. What energies should I embrace while we work together?
4. How can I best care for you?
5. Do you have a message for me today?
I Need Advice Spread
Self explanatory! Clear your mind and let the cards tell you what you need to know...
1. You as you are now
2. Are you on the correct path?
3. What is the main obstacle you're confronting?
4. What is helping you?
5. How can progress be made?
Career Path Spread
Questioning your direction? need affirmation? Look no further....
1. Is my current career path what I truly desire?
2. Actions that can be taken to advance career.
3. Aspects of career that cannot be changed.
4. Present view of current career performance.
5. Personal changes to boost career performance
6. Past issues which affect current performance.
7. Anticipated results if advice is followed in a timely manner.
This spread is designed for two people who are romantically involved.
Each person in turns draws a card and places as shown above...Keep the below questions in mind as you shuffle and draw.
1. What can I learn from you?
2. What do I expect from you?
3. How can I be more supportive?
4. What can I do to be a better partner?
5. What does my partner need from me?
6. What is the direction our relationship needs to take?
New Moon Spread
The new moon is a time of cleansing and of growth; it is an invitation to make a change and foster part of yourself that is missing. Just as the new moon is in line with the sun so that you cannot see it, this is the time to put your trust into the universe that things are there and if you are open to them, they will reveal themselves even if you cannot see them at this moment.
1. Where am I at presently?
2. What baggage am I bringing into this new moon cycle and how is it weighing me down or keeping me back?
3. What are my personal drawbacks, what am I lacking and what do I need in my life in order to grow?
4. What knowledge do I need in order to help create the change I'm seeking?
5. What positivity is to come when the moon makes the transitions to its fullest phase?
Full Moon Spread
For the most powerful reading, try this spread at night during the full moon, when the influence of the moon is at its greatest. Focus deeply as you shuffle the cards, and pay attention to your intuition as you lay them out. After all, the full moon is a time of heightened intuition. You may feel compelled to choose the “wrong” card - one from the center or the bottom of the deck, for instance - for a particular position. Or you may intuitively feel that you should put two cards in the same position. Pay attention to these intuitive messages and do what you feel is right. Read the cards one at a time, in the order you laid them out, and pay close attention to the relationships between them.
1. This represents the point you are at in your life right now.
2. This represents both how you present yourself to the world - your public face - and the true nature of your relationships with others.
3. This clarifies what may be blocking you from your goals, or stopping you from manifesting your intentions.
4. This card helps you understand what you need to do in order to overcome these obstacles.
5. This card addresses your internal landscape. It highlights problem areas which you may need to work on before your goal can be achieved.
6. This card suggests what lessons you might learn from the outside world and from other people in order to create the outcome you want.
7. This card, of course, represents the probable outcome if you dig deeply and follow the guidance presented by the other cards.
New Month Spread
Get a new month off to the right start with this spread that brings mindfulness and clarity to your next 30 odd days around the sun!
1. Energy the new month brings.
2. Something to leave behind/move past.
3. How can i get the most out of this new month?
4. Something relating to spiritual journey to explore...
5. Something to be mindful of this month.